[This unedited press release is made available courtesy of Gamasutra and its partnership with notable game PR-related resource Games Press.]
Starting Wednesday, June 9th, overhauled, improved and better than ever Toy Soldiers HD coming to E3 2021. Published by Accelerate Games (founded by Gregory Fischbach, founder of Acclaim), and developed by Signal Studios (founded by DR Albright III), Toy Soldiers HD is coming to Nintendo Switch, PC, PS4, and Xbox One in August this.
At E3, we will be live streaming the first view single player campaign Saturday, 12 June-Tuesday, 15 June at 10:00, 13:00, and 15:00 PT. The live stream will be on Twitch at https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Toy%20Soldiers%20HD.
In addition, journalists interested in talking to developers can call to secure a meeting.
Attached you will find a fact sheet for the game.
Toy Soldiers™ HD Fact Sheet
Platforms: Nintendo Switch, PC, PlayStation®4, Xbox One/X
Release date: August 2021
Publisher/Developer: Accelerate Games™ / Signal Studios
Social: Facebook, Indonesia, YouTube, Instagram, and Twitch.
Re-enlist with Toy Soldiers HD and experience an award-winning XBLA hit renewed for a whole new generation!
Command from above or take direct control from below. Lead your soldiers, cavalry, tanks and planes to victory. Deploy an exciting arsenal of guns, gas, howitzers, mortars, troops, flamethrowers and vehicles to protect your Toybox in this WW1 toy diorama.
Toy Soldiers is a multi-genre action-strategy game in which players command vintage World War I toy soldiers vying for control of Europe’s trench-filled diorama battlefields. The original classic has been overhauled and improved with new content, skins, gameplay, expanded game modes, improved controls, and improved graphics. We’ve also included all the original DLC and some new levels too!
Award Winning Strategy
The classic toy-to-war franchise is back with new content, grander graphics, and more game modes than ever.
Get Your Hands Dirty
Set the stage high, then jump into the action. Take command of your unit to see the “shell cam” war.
World War I Diorama Destruction
The tabletop battlefield comes to life to recreate classic World War I scenarios, authentically styled tanks, troops, weapons and planes are at your fingertips.
Stick to history….or use the toy box for your sci-fi battles with lead robots, flying saucers and more.
Gameplay: Create and control your defenses strategically. But, unlike other tower defense games where you plan your battle strategy from above and watch it play out, you can instantly switch from a top-down perspective to jump headfirst into the battle and take complete control.
When you control a unit, the other units in your army are controlled by a powerful AI. Command or play fixed emplacements such as howitzers, heavy machine guns, mortars, and others or operate various military vehicles such as tanks, bi-planes and bombers.
Campaign Level: Every level, from single player, multiplayer, to all of the DLC from the original game has been reworked and optimized for today’s consoles and PCs.
- Single player: Players control their military might from mini toy soldiers and vehicles. In Single player mode offers English and German campaigns with 18 levels plus additional experimental levels. In the DLC, players can also control French units. Each level has a difficulty setting to increase the challenge and allow the player to reach higher ranks.
- Multiplayer Campaign: Multiplayer available online and locally with split screen two players. There are 9 unique battlegrounds to experience in either a private match or a quick match with an unknown opponent. In private matches, you can customize the battle scenario.
- Survival Mode: Once you complete the single player mode, you unlock this mode which pits you against endless waves of opposing forces. See how long you can last.
Toys + Real Life: A mix of childish charms of vintage toy soldiers locked in deadly epic tower defense military action.
Environment: World War I diorama model. Think of it like a board game. The battlefield, which is based on real-life WWI battles is sounded by areas such as a child’s bedroom, library, waiting room, etc.
Controllable Unit: The game features 50 controllable units including howitzers, bi-planes, tanks, mortars, infantry, and more. Units can still be upgraded during battle.
Leaderboard: Fight and defend your position on the leaderboard.
DLC: Toy Soldiers HD includes all the DLC from the original title. Kaiser Battle and Invasion!
- Kaiser Battle adds French Army Skin, three-tier mini-campaign, German K-Wagen bosses, additional multiplayer maps and achievements.
- Invasion! Includes three mini-campaigns including “Robobob”, a new multiplayer map and other goodies.
For more information, please visit http://accelerategames.com/.
For media requests, please contact [email protected]
# # #