Whatsapp recently announced several new updates to its messaging app, which will bring improvements to the wallpaper. The update is now active for most Android and iOS users, and will be visible to users. Just make sure you have updated WhatsApp to the latest version on Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
Wallpaper on Whatsapp has got four major updates. This includes custom chat wallpapers, additional doodle wallpapers, an updated stock wallpaper gallery and the ability to set separate wallpapers for light and dark mode settings. The new feature now allows users to set custom chat wallpapers for each individual chat as well. This, WhatsApp says, can help ensure that chats stand out and users don’t message the wrong chats.
The wallpaper will now match the Light and Dark theme settings as well. So when you change the settings on your phone, the wallpaper will also change. Here’s how to set a custom wallpaper on individual chats on iPhone or Android.
How to set custom WhatsApp wallpaper on iPhone or Android
* Check if your device has the latest version of Whatsapp installed. Otherwise, update to the latest version of the app from the respective store.
* Open Chat and tap on a contact’s name to access their contact info
* Tap Wallpaper and Sounds
* Tap select New Wallpaper
* You can now choose from the latest stock wallpapers from WhatsApp. You can also choose from old wallpapers which can be accessed by tapping Wallpaper Archive.
* You can also select a custom photo from your phone gallery as a custom wallpaper
* After selecting the wallpaper you want to use, swipe left or right for Wallpaper Preview
* Tap Set and adjust Wallpaper Dimming to change brightness.
That’s it, you have now set a custom wallpaper for individual chats. Keep in mind that for groups, you can only change the wallpaper if you are an admin.
Express Tech is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@expresstechie) and stay updated with the latest technology news.