World Environment Day is observed on June 5 every year. This is the United Nations’ main day to promote awareness and action around the world for the environment. Over the years, it has grown to become the largest global platform for environmental public outreach and is celebrated by millions around the world. This year, the day was organized by our neighbor Pakistan in partnership with the United Nations Environment Program (UNEP) with the theme ‘ecosystem restoration.’ With the Covid19 pandemic, the climate is suffering even more with the increasing use of plastic and non-biodegradable items including PPE kits, masks and other items. This year, the urgency of preventing, stopping, and restoring ecosystem degradation around the world is the main focus.
UNEP Executive Director Inger Andersen said, “2020 is a year of reckoning, facing multiple crises, including the global pandemic and the ongoing climate, nature and pollution crises. In 2021, we must take deliberate steps to move from crisis to recovery: and with In doing so, we must recognize that the restoration of nature is critical to the survival of our planet and of humanity.”
World Environment Day 2021: Theme
The theme of the 47th World Environment Day is ‘Ecosystem Restoration.’ This year, the focus is on resetting the relationship with nature. World Environment Day on June 5 will also mark the official launch of the United Nations Decade on Ecosystem Restoration 2021-2030. The United Nations Decade is meant to massively increase the recovery of degraded and destroyed ecosystems to fight the climate crisis, prevent the loss of one million species and improve food security, water supplies and livelihoods.
Reviving natural carbon sinks, such as forests and peatlands, could help close the climate emissions gap by 25 percent by 2030.
World Environment Day 2021: Hopes, Quotes, Greetings
- Deforestation is changing our climate, harming people and nature. We must, and can, reverse this trend. Happy World Environment Day 2021!
- There must be a reason why some people are able to live well. They are definitely working for it. I only feel angry when I see trash. When I see people throw away things we can use. -Mother Teresa
- Save the tree because it is the best gift for our future generations…. This is the best way to have a greener environment….. Make World Environment Day more successful by planting more trees!!
- Don’t pollute water, soil, air, and the environment because once it’s gone, it’s gone forever. Happy World Environment Day 2021!
- He who plants a tree loves others but himself -Thomas Fuller
- World Environment Day is a reminder that we must take good care of our environment. Let’s promise to make our planet a greener and healthier place for us to live and enjoy life!!
- Pleasure is Nature’s test, a sign of her approval. When humans are happy, they are in harmony with themselves and their environment. – Oscar Wilde Wild
- One of the first conditions of happiness is that the connection between man and nature will not be severed. Happy World Environment Day 2021!
- World Environment Day will continue to remind us of the wrongs we are doing to our environment and the rights we need to make things right.
- We must join hands to save our beautiful planet because nowhere else in the universe is so beautiful, so alive and so alive. Let’s be more responsible. Happy World Environment Day.
World Environment Day 2021: HD Wallpapers for Download
Let’s do our little thing to make the world a cleaner and healthier place… Happy World Environment Day.