World Music Day is celebrated every June 21. Popularly called ‘Make Music Day’, and ‘Fête de la Musique’ in French, this day marks the importance of music in everyone’s life. According to a survey, 92% of Indians entertain themselves with music during their difficult times. Music is not only a healing therapy, it ensures a good mood and healthy mental health. On this day, people take to the streets to play and enjoy music. This is an open event where anyone can join in and play music. However, with the Covid19 pandemic this year, the celebration of World Music Day is restricted to everyone’s home.
World Music Day is celebrated in conjunction with International Yoga Day. Both music and Yoga play an important role in maintaining sanity for everyone. Not only musicians, but everyone celebrates this day with passion.
World Music Day: History and Significance
In France, the country’s Ministry of Culture decided to give people a musical holiday in the 1980s. The goal is to celebrate the day with free and live music everywhere from the streets to the parks. The first World Music Day was celebrated in 1982 in France after the government declared June 21 as a national holiday because of the Fête De La Musique (music festival).
French Ministers of Arts and Culture, Jack Lange and Maurice Fleuret, started the Fete de la Musique in Paris. Fleuret is a French composer, music journalist, festival organizer and radio producer
World Music Day 2021: Wishes, Quotes, Messages
- Music has a way of creeping into people’s lives no matter how busy one is and it is one of the best qualities of music. Happy World Music Day!
- Music is a revelation higher than all wisdom and philosophy. -Ludwig van Beethoven
- I think music itself is healing. This is an explosive expression of humanity. It’s something we all touch. No matter which culture we come from, everyone loves music. Billy Joel
- Everything in the universe has a rhythm, everything dances. Maya Angelou
- Music is the best gift in life, so appreciate it and enjoy it. Happy World Music Day!
- Music gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to imagination and life to everything. — Plato
- Life without music is like food without salt, tasteless and tasteless. Wish you all a very happy World Music Day!
- Music can touch your heart even if you don’t know what language the song is in. Happy World Music Day!
- When I hear music, I am not afraid of danger. I’m immune. I don’t see the enemy. I’m related to the earliest, and the newest. – Henry David Thoreau
- The best way to connect with our inner being is by listening to a beautiful song every day. Happy World Music Day!
World Music Day 2021: HD Images and Wallpapers